Friday, November 11, 2011

Ender's Game

I'd heard some good things about this book, Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. (I was pretty sure Zoe's story about Iggy and the Vampire Academy [or whatever it was called . . . it's been a while] was based off this book. And the premise was amazing. So I was looking forward to reading this.)

I enjoyed it immensely. It lived up to my expectations and even passed them. (I've got rather high expectations.) The twist ending was really amazing.

Stars:  9.5, because . . . I never really give anything a complete 10 stars.  I believe that books are amazing, but I can always find something that I disliked. 

Violence:  8.  Ender fights several people who attack him.  Two he kills because he goes too far. 

Romance:  2 for slight references to . . . parts.  Mainly in the cussing sense. 

Language:  8 for intense cussing.  B-words floated all over the place with Ender and his pals in null gravity. 

Appropriate for:  older kids

1 comment:

Universal said...

Amazing book, and I agree with the review (although the romance score would probably be a bit more relevant in language). I personally suggest reading the Shadow series (Ender's Shadow, etc), revolving around Bean, as I find them significantly more interesting than the books revolving around Ender.

Post a Comment